It’s officially the weekend, ya’ll! June is full of birthdays, anniversaries & Father’s Day celebrations for us — and all this celebrating means friends coming to visit and family get-togethers. We have a busy weekend ahead!
Last night we had some friends over for an impromptu BBQ and I wanted to share with you the delicious dessert we served. This would be a great recipe for your Father’s Day celebrations this weekend and it is so easy to make. This recipe comes from the kitchen of my sweet mom and it’s a pie I crave every summer when the weather gets warm. It was a big hit with our friends — when they ask for seconds you know its good!
Blueberry-Banana Cream Pie
1 graham cracker or regular pie crust (baked)
1 – 8oz. package of cream cheese
1 container of Cool Whip
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 – 20oz. can of blueberry pie filling
- Bake pie crust or prepare graham cracker crust. (You can use either type of crust.)
- Slice two bananas and line the bottom of the pie crust with banana slices.
- Mix softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla extract. Then mix in Cool Whip.
- Pour mixture on top of banana slices.
- Top pie with blueberry pie filling.
- Chill in refrigerator until its time to serve.
- Enjoy this tasty, cool pie on a hot summer day (or evening)!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! And a happy Father’s Day to all those awesome Dad’s out there (especially my own!)